Following a low but altogether brief mourning period, as Summer drew to a close, I am now looking forward to autumn like an excited little pumpkin trader! With leafy country walks, roast dinners, log fires and Strictly Come Dancing back on, there is little not to like. Having two toddlers, halloween is now less about wearing some slutty cat girl outfit to a boozie night out in Clapham and more about arts and crafts, cutting out pumpkins, ‘Elsa’ fancy dress and tubs of Haribo!
Then there’s fireworks night! I find myself daydreaming about my super cute hat and scarf set (yet to find), wrapping up warm and eating marshmallows with the kids! Then.. before I know it, Christmas will be around the corner and then… well… that’s a whole other blog!
So, now I have decided to embrace the beautiful season change, I’m super eager to get bootcamps up and running again so I can spend more time outside whatching autumn settle in and Christmas approach.
There are 13 Saturdays between now and Christmas and I want you to join me on a special bootcamp challenge. Commit to one hour every saturday to get your endorphin levels sky high and train with the coolest tribe of female bootcampers in town!
Sign up now and you can attend all 13 sessions for the price of 9!
Those of you who have attended bootcamp before can shoot right over here to sign up as I know you don’t need convincing! For everyone else, here are 5 great reasons to sign up to Live Once Fitness Bootcamps’ pre-Christmas challenge.
- Its ladies only!! Boys are great and all that but sometimes I just wanna get sweaty and muddy with my sister tribe! There are no military style shouty men here.
- We work the full body. These bootcamps are specifically designed to condition and sculpt the female body from head to toe. We will hit all the major muscle groups and you will feel stronger and fitter every week.
- Bootcamp will save your liver and your purse. Knowing you signed up to an 8am class on a Saturday morning is a great motivator to prevent you reaching for that wine on a friday. It may even stop you going out in the first place – in which case…bootcamp saves you money! Even if you do though, bootcamp is a great hangover cure, tried and tested!
- This is truly suitable for all levels. Don’t be afraid if you have never done anything like this before, we are welcoming and friendly and can help anyone make a start on being a bit more active.
- Guaranteed enjoyment! I’m so confident you will love these sessions… if it’s just not your jam after the first week, I will give you all your money back!
If this isn’t enough to have you reaching for your Sweaty Bettys then keep reading… here are some solid scientific reasons you should be exercising outdoors!
- Working outdoors is a more effective workout. Aside from having a group of supportive women and a trainer encouraging you, you really will work harder. You have to adapt to the environment around you, such as andulations in the ground, wind and hills. This makes you recruit more areas of your body to work. The workout is harder which means any benefits of workouts generally, such as calorie burn or cardiovascular improvements, are heightened outdoors! No pain = no champagne
- Outdoor exercise can keep those winter sniffles away. Dont always listen to your Nan, getting outside even in cold weather can genuinely ward off colds and other illnesses. Vitamin D can be deficient in those of us working in offices or if we are overweight. A 45 minute class outdoors can be enough to feel the benefits of increased vitamin D production, which in turn improves immune system efficiency and regulates insulin production! Vitamin D is magical and we can get an awesome amount from getting outdoor to exercise.
- Keep that happy feeling. Several studies now promote that outdoor exercise provides an even greater benefit to mental health than equivalent indoor exercises. It would seem that people who get outside and exercise regularly have higher levels of serotonin (this regulates moods). Outdoor exercise also creates a higher post-workout high with increased endorphins!! Yippee… we like endorphins.
- Small group exercise is awesome. It’s proven to help people get better results, stick to a plan, stay motivated and keep returning to classes. We have one rule at our bootcamp, it has to be fun. We are there to support each other, laugh, get sweaty and give things a go. That small group environment keeps people coming back!
So, if you are ready to sign up, come along to our FB page here and check out the weekly bootcamps schedule or shoot me over any questions. If you’d rather not commit to the whole challenge, you are welcome to come along to individual sessions whenever you can!
I cant wait to see you soon!